Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 8

This week was our last! I spent my time working on my poster and other items for immersion assignments. I also said my goodbyes and thank you's to the research team and Dr. Rodeo. This summer has been a great experience overall. I really appreciated the welcome from Dr. Rodeo and his team, and getting to see surgeries and also more clinical animal work. I think being in the OR and seeing patients has given me a new perspective on research later in my PhD. I understand better the line of defense used in treating PTOA and OA, and how research technology could be designed and better implemented. For example, I think working with intra-articular injectables would be an easy way to translate a technology because it is so frequently performed whereas something used in surgery may be much harder to get to that point and also maybe not as accessible to patients. I think I've also built up a good collaboration for the future. Dr. Rodeo agreed to serve as a thesis committee member,though I think it will have to be a "special"-type due to Cornell's graduate school rules, but it will be incredibly helpful and benefit research moving forward to have his clinical opinion and experience with research too.

No comments:

Post a Comment