Monday, August 24, 2015

Belated Week 8

I realized that in all the excitement of packing and getting ready to leave I never actually posted my last blog. The last week of Immersion, Dr. Bostrom was out of town, so I don't have much to report. I mostly spent the last week working more on my research project and starting my paper. It was a good way to finish up the summer, by reflecting on everything I had seen and done over the past 8 weeks. It made me realize how awesome this experience has been, allowing me to see so many procedures and technologies being used to help real people. It was nice to see the end result to remind us why we do what we do in the first place. I definitely gained a whole new perspective on what it takes to be a surgeon, and learned a lot about all of the behind the scenes issues not many people are aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment