Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Week 8: Concluding with research

My last week of the Immersion term was focused on investigating the impact of stent type upon renal artery morphology which has implications for long-term durability. Thus, the week mainly consisted of establishing and implementing a protocol to make the appropriate measurements while being blinded to the stent type. I've finished the initial measurements, and will continue analyzing the data once I am unblinded back in Ithaca.

Overall, the Immersion term was a valuable experience for a multitude of reasons. Among the various experiences, I found observation of the clinical ramifications of atherosclerosis particularly illuminating. Although I'm not sure how I will incorporate this new clinical perspective into my research, I anticipate it can only help motivate me and provide a source for new ideas as I progress through my doctoral research.

No comments:

Post a Comment