Saturday, August 1, 2015

Week 7 & 8

During last couple of weeks, I've trying to focus more on my research topic. Since we still does not decide research topic, with taking the Stata course, I and the other two researcher tried to find any statistic relationship between any biological results, such as high blood pressure and re-visiting OR rate. However, the pace is quite slow because three people should get together to take the courses, and it's quite tricky to synchronize the schedules of all three. So far, we could only meet once in a week. I am a bit worried that I will not be able to get involved with any specific research during this summer immersion. 

Even though I might not be able to do any solid research, this summer immersion was great experience overall. First of all, I could experience hospital life like attending in OR and ICU. I am shocked that I could not get any information with no prior knowledge in ICU, and at the same time, I was intrigued that so many cutting-edge techniques are adapted into OR. Besides, experience in hospital, I was able to adapt to the life in NYC, where I will probably spend the rest of my PhD. New York was such a great city to explore and expose myself to various cultural events. I am sure that there is so many facinating things left to be found.  

No comments:

Post a Comment